Shake up bread and butter pud with chocolate, banana bread and lashings of caramel.
The ingredient of Banana bread and choc pudding
- 4 slices banana bread, store-bought
- 150g Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, broken into squares
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 80g pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 1/3 cup caramel, warmed (see Notes)
The instruction how to make Banana bread and choc pudding
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Cut the banana bread into 1.5cm squares. Divide half the bread among four 250ml (1 cup) ovenproof dishes. Top each dish with a square of chocolate. Top with the remaining bread. Press the remaining chocolate in between the bread pieces.
- Whisk the cream, milk, vanilla, eggs and 2 tbs sugar in a large jug. Pour over the puddings. Set aside for 10 minutes to soak.
- Meanwhile, for the pecan toffee, line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the prepared tray with 45g (1u20443 cup) of the pecans. Place the remaining 100g sugar in a small non-stick frying pan. Cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until deep golden. Pour over the pecans. Set aside for 5 minutes to set. Break into shards.
- Sprinkle the puddings with the remaining pecans. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and custard is set. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and drizzle with the warm caramel. Top with a pecan toffee shard.
Nutritions of Banana bread and choc puddingcalories: