Use fruit bread in this gorgeous bread an butter pudding and top with thick marmalade. Delish!
The ingredient of Bread and butter pudding
- 6 slices cafe-style fruit bread, crusts removed
- 50g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (115g) orange marmalade
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
The instruction how to make Bread and butter pudding
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Place bread on a clean surface. Spread evenly with butter and marmalade. Cut each slice into 4 triangles. Arrange, buttered-side up, in an 8-cup (2 litre) capacity ovenproof dish.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, cream, sugar and Grand Marnier together in a large bowl. Strain through a fine sieve into a jug. Pour evenly over bread slices. Set aside for 15 minutes to soak.
- Place the dish into a large roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the side of the dish. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until custard is just set. Remove from oven. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Bread and butter puddingcalories: 464.616 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 50 grams carbohydrates
calories: 40 grams sugar
calories: 12 grams protein
calories: 263 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 215.1 milligrams sodium