Buttery and fruity, these little bread puds really hit home.
The ingredient of Bread and jam puddings
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- butter for spreading
- marmalade OR apricot jam
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons sultanas
The instruction how to make Bread and jam puddings
- Pre-heat oven to 170u00b0C. Spread 4 slices wholemeal bread spread liberally with butter and marmalade OR apricot jam. Cut crust off bread and cut each bread slice into four triangles.
- Place 5 eggs, 1 1/2 tablespoon caster sugar, 1 1/4 cups cream and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Divide triangles of bread evenly among 4 lightly greased 3/4-cup capacity ovenproof ramekins (four triangles to each ramekin). Pour over egg mixture and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sultanas.
- Place ramekins in a water bath - an ovenproof dish with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of ramekins. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Serve warm or cold.
Nutritions of Bread and jam puddingscalories: 579.814 calories
calories: 37 grams fat
calories: 21 grams saturated fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 36 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 353 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 262.86 milligrams sodium