Make your guests feel spoilt and special with a bread and butter pudding you can serve all year round.
The ingredient of Marsala panettone bread and butter pudding
- 2/3 cup (110g) sultanas
- 100ml sweet Marsala
- 300ml milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 orange zest, pared strips
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 150g caster sugar
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 300g panettone or brioche loaf, sliced
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Raspberries, to serve
The instruction how to make Marsala panettone bread and butter pudding
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place the sultanas in a small bowl and cover with Marsala, set aside for 30 minutes to soak.
- Meanwhile, heat milk, cream, orange zest, vanilla pod and seeds in a small pan over medium heat. Whisk eggs, egg yolk and sugar together until combined. As soon as cream bubbles, pour into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Set aside.
- Butter panettone slices and layer into a 2L (8-cup) baking dish. Strain cream mixture, discarding solids, then pour over panettone. Set aside for 30 minutes to infuse. Place baking dish into a larger baking dish and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides. Bake for 45 minutes or until custard is set and top is golden. Rest for 15 minutes. Serve dusted with icing sugar and raspberries.
Nutritions of Marsala panettone bread and butter puddingcalories: