Heres a nutty version of the winter classic, topped with luscious white chocolate sauce.
The ingredient of Chocolate-hazelnut bread and butter pudding
- Melted butter, to grease
- 12 slices white bread
- 120g (1/2 cup) chocolate hazelnut spread
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 300ml pouring cream
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 200g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
The instruction how to make Chocolate-hazelnut bread and butter pudding
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Brush a 7cm-deep, 21 x 10cm (base measurement) 1.5L (6-cup) capacity loaf pan with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Spread half the bread with half the chocolate hazelnut spread. Place 1 bread slice, chocolate-side up, on a chopping board. Top with another bread slice, chocolate-side up. Repeat to make a 5-slice stack. Top with another bread slice, chocolate-side down. Use a serrated knife to remove the crusts. Repeat with the remaining bread and chocolate hazelnut spread to make another 6-slice stack. Arrange the stacks in the prepared pan.
- Place the milk and cream in a medium saucepan over low heat and stir until warm. Use a balloon whisk to whisk together the egg and sugar in a large bowl. Gradually add the milk mixture to the egg mixture, whisking constantly until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a jug. Pour over the bread. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to soak.
- Place the loaf pan in a large roasting pan. Add enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until just set. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, to make the orange & white chocolate sauce, place the chocolate, milk, cream and orange rind in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir for 5 minutes or until the chocolate melts. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Turn the pudding onto a serving platter. Cut into slices. Drizzle over the orange & white chocolate sauce to serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate-hazelnut bread and butter puddingcalories: 604.909 calories
calories: 35 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 57 grams carbohydrates
calories: 38 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 169 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 308.45 milligrams sodium