Throw in some choc-chips for a cheeky twist on a traditional family favourite.
The ingredient of Choc-chip bread and butter pudding
- 6 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons spreadable butter
- 2 x 375ml cans creamy evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup choc chips
- Thick cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Choc-chip bread and butter pudding
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180C. Lightly grease a 6-cup ovenproof dish.
- Spread each slice of bread with butter. Cut bread into quarters, diagonally. Arrange the bread pieces in the prepared dish, slightly overlapping.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Stir in choc chips. Pour over the bread in the dish. Let stand for 10 mins, until some of the mixture has been absorbed.
- Place dish in a large baking pan and add enough boiling water to the pan so it comes halfway up the sides of the dish.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, until custard is just set. Let stand for 5 mins before serving with thick cream.
Nutritions of Choc-chip bread and butter puddingcalories: