Who can resist a delicious bread and butter pudding with an orange twist?
The ingredient of Marmalade bread & butter pudding
- 2 loaves (or 500g) sourdough bread, crusts removed, roughly torn into 3cm pieces
- 150g unsalted butter
- 340g jar blood orange marmalade, melted
- 2 oranges, plus zest of 1 orange
- 3 eggs
- 100g brown sugar
- 2 cups pure (thin) cream
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar or raw sugar
- Icing sugar, to serve
The instruction how to make Marmalade bread & butter pudding
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Place the bread in the base of a 30cm x 22cm baking dish and pour over the melted butter.
- Melt the marmalade in a small saucepan over low heat, then pour over the bread. Cut the skin and pith from the oranges. Holding the fruit over a bowl, make small, sharp cuts parallel to the pith that separates each segment to remove the flesh.
- Dot the orange segments around the bread.
- Using a hand whisk, beat together the eggs, sugar, cream and orange zest until pale. Pour over the bread mixture. Sprinkle with demerara sugar and bake for 40 minutes or until golden and the custard is set. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Nutritions of Marmalade bread & butter puddingcalories: 1018.379 calories
calories: 56 grams fat
calories: 35 grams saturated fat
calories: 109 grams carbohydrates
calories: 70 grams sugar
calories: 16 grams protein
calories: 259 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 490.84 milligrams sodium