Add a touch of spice to all things nice - like this impossible-to-resist bread and butter pudding!
The ingredient of Vanilla cinnamon bread and butter pudding
- 2 cups pure cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 5 eggs
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices spicy fruit bread
- Maple syrup, to serve
The instruction how to make Vanilla cinnamon bread and butter pudding
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease an 8 cup-capacity ovenproof dish.
- Combine cream, milk, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean. Add seeds and bean to cream mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture just simmers (dont boil). Remove from heat. Set aside for 10 minutes for flavours to develop. Strain mixture through a fine sieve over a large heatproof jug. Remove and discard cinnamon and vanilla bean. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in cream mixture until combined.
- Spread butter over each side of bread slices. Cut each into 2 triangles. Place bread, overlapping slightly, in prepared dish. Pour over three-quarters of the cream mixture. Set aside for 15 minutes for bread to absorb mixture. Pour over remaining cream mixture. Place in a large roasting pan. Pour boiling water into pan until halfway up sides of dish.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until pudding is golden and just set. Carefully lift dish from water. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve with maple syrup.
Nutritions of Vanilla cinnamon bread and butter puddingcalories: 580.77 calories
calories: 45 grams fat
calories: 27 grams saturated fat
calories: 31 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 297 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 250.63 milligrams sodium