This take on traditional bread and butter pudding will warm you up on the coldest of days.
The ingredient of Orange bread & butter pudding
- 400g good-quality fresh white bread, crusts removed
- 150g melted butter
- 225g orange marmalade (see note)
- 3 oranges (peeled & segmented) plus extra 1 orange (rind grated)
- 3 eggs
- 500ml (2 cups) thin cream
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons demerara sugar
The instruction how to make Orange bread & butter pudding
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C, Butter a 16 x 32 x 5cm baking dish.
- Cut bread into rough chunks and place in a large bowl. Pour over butter.
- Place marmalade in a saucepan over low heat until warm, then pour over bread. Add orange segments and carefully stir to combine. Tip mixture into prepared dish. Beat together rind, eggs, cream and caster sugar, then pour over bread. Sprinkle top with demerara sugar and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden.
Nutritions of Orange bread & butter puddingcalories: 1346.526 calories
calories: 82 grams fat
calories: 50 grams saturated fat
calories: 129 grams carbohydrates
calories: 87 grams sugar
calories: 21 grams protein
calories: 804.16 milligrams sodium