Put an Easter spin on the classic bread and butter pudding with this speedy recipe.
The ingredient of Lemon-blueberry hot cross bread and butter pudding
- 4 Coles Bakery Hot Cross Buns, split
- 40g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (85g) orange marmalade
- 1 cup (150g) fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
- 6 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
The instruction how to make Lemon-blueberry hot cross bread and butter pudding
- Preheat oven to 160C. Lightly grease an 8-cup (2L) ovenproof dish.
- Spread the cut side of each bun half evenly with butter, then with marmalade. Arrange in the prepared pan, alternating the bases, marmalade-side up, with the tops, cross-side up. Sprinkle with the blueberries.
- Whisk the egg, milk, cream, sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice in a large bowl. Strain through a fine sieve into a jug. Pour the custard mixture evenly over the buns. Set aside for 15 mins to soak.
- Place the dish in a large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the dish. Bake for 30-35 mins or until the custard is just set. Set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Lemon-blueberry hot cross bread and butter puddingcalories: 446.93 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 55 grams carbohydrates
calories: 42 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 215 milligrams sodium