Matt Preston and Michelle Southan have put a delectable twist on bread and butter pudding with luxe croissants and white chocolate.
The ingredient of Blueberry and white chocolate bread and butter pudding
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 250ml (1 cup) pouring cream
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 100g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 good-quality croissants
- 90g (1/4 cup) blueberry jam
- 50g frozen blueberries, or fresh blueberries, plus extra, to serve
- Sweetened condensed milk, to serve
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Sea salt flakes, to serve
The instruction how to make Blueberry and white chocolate bread and butter pudding
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 2L (8 cup) ovenproof dish.
- Place coriander seeds in a small frying pan. Cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted and aromatic. Transfer to a mortar and use a pestle to pound until just bruised.
- Place cream, milk, rind and seeds in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring just to the boil. Set aside for 30 minutes to develop the flavours. Transfer to a jug. Cool.
- Whisk the sugar, vanilla and eggs into the cream mixture. Stir in the white chocolate.
- Cut each croissant into 1cm-thick slices horizontally (3-4 slices per croissant). Spread each slice with a little jam, then sandwich back together with the slices slightly fanned.
- Place the croissants in the prepared dish. Pour over the white chocolate mixture, lifting some of the croissant pieces up to allow the chocolate to go between the slices. Set aside for 10 minutes to soak.
- Sprinkle blueberries on top. Place dish in a large roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up side. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and set. Drizzle with condensed milk, dust with icing sugar, sprinkle with salt and top with extra blueberries.
Nutritions of Blueberry and white chocolate bread and butter puddingcalories: