The ingredient of Steak and mushroom puddings
- 2 cups White Wings Plain Flour
- 1kg beef chuck steak, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons HP or barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 60g lard
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Steak and mushroom puddings
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, and salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Coat steak in flour. Place into a bowl. Add herbs, mushrooms and sauces. Stir well. Spoon mixture into 4 x 1 3/4-cup capacity ovenproof bowls or ramekins.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place remaining 1 1/2 cups flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add yolk. Cover with a little flour. Heat lard and water in a saucepan over low heat until lard melts. Bring to the boil. Pour hot mixture into flour all at once. Stir with a wooden spoon to form a dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 portions. Roll each portion out to 3mm-thick. Use dough to cover bowls. Trim if necessary. Cut a small cross on top of each pudding. Brush with egg. Place into a roasting pan. Half-fill roasting pan with hot water. Bake for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 180u00b0C. Bake for a further 1 1/2 hours. Serve with bread.
Nutritions of Steak and mushroom puddingscalories: 769.102 calories
calories: 32 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 55 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 62 grams protein
calories: 260 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 325.73 milligrams sodium