Classic British pudding gets a summer make-over in this creamy ice-cream version.
The ingredient of Bread and butter pudding ice-cream
- 50g sultanas
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 40g demerara sugar
- 1 x 300ml packet chilled custard
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 thick slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Extra cream or custard, to serve
The instruction how to make Bread and butter pudding ice-cream
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C.
- Place sultanas in a bowl, add the brandy and set aside to macerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs with sugar. Spread onto a lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. Use a fork to loosen the breadcrumbs and cook for a further 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly then use your fingers to crumble any lumps.
- Use a balloon whisk to whisk the custard, cream, vanilla and nutmeg in a bowl until well combined. Stir in the breadcrumbs and sultanas with the soaking liquid.
- Pour into a shallow container and freeze until frozen at the edges. Remove from freezer and beat with an electric beater. Pour back into container and refreeze. Repeat 2 or 3 times. (Alternatively use an ice-cream machine following manufacturers directions.)
- Preheat the oven to 170u00b0C.
- Toast the bread, remove the crusts then use a sharp knife to cut through the middle of each slice. Cut each half into 2 triangles. Brush the uncooked side with the melted butter, dust with icing sugar and transfer to a baking tray. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until golden. Serve with the ice-cream.
Nutritions of Bread and butter pudding ice-creamcalories: 621.878 calories
calories: 36 grams fat
calories: 22 grams saturated fat
calories: 59 grams carbohydrates
calories: 33 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 100 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 338.28 milligrams sodium