Make the most of seasonal fruit in these mini summer puddings.
The ingredient of Mini summer puddings
- 2 x 125g punnet raspberries
- 2 x 125g punnet blueberries
- 250g blackberries
- 250g fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 loaves fresh white bread
- Extra fresh berries, to serve
- Coles Brand Double Cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Mini summer puddings
- Combine the raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, sugar and vanilla in a large saucepan over low heat. Cook, gently stirring, for 5 mins or until sugar dissolves and berries begin to release their juices. Set aside to cool.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a large bowl. Place the berries in a separate bowl to the berry juice.
- Use a 7cm round pastry cutter to cut 6 discs from bread slices. Lightly brush discs with a little berry juice and place, brushed-side down, into the bases of 3/4-cup (185ml) capacity dariole moulds or ramekins. Use a 10cm round pastry cutter to cut 6 discs from the bread and set aside. Cut remaining bread into 3cm-wide strips. Brush with the berry juice and arrange around the side of each ramekin.
- Spoon the berries evenly among the prepared moulds. Top with the 10cm discs to enclose filling. Cover each mould with plastic wrap. Place on a tray. Place a small can on top of each pudding to weigh down. Place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight to develop the flavours.
- Use a round-bladed knife to gently turn each pudding onto a serving plate. Brush with any remaining berry juice. Serve with extra berries and a dollop of double cream.
Nutritions of Mini summer puddingscalories: 659.64 calories
calories: 4 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 128 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams protein