The ingredient of Panettone bread & butter pudding
- 700g panettone*, cut into slices 1cm thick
- 40g unsalted butter, softened
- 50ml dark rum
- 50ml dry marsala
- 600ml milk
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon, rind grated
- 4 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- Icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make Panettone bread & butter pudding
- Preheat the oven to 170u00b0C. Lightly grease a 1.5-litre ovenproof dish.
- Lightly butter each slice of panettone, lay slices, slightly overlapping, to fill the dish.
- Combine the rum and marsala and pour over the panettone.
- Place the milk, cream, cinnamon and rind in a large saucepan over medium heat until just simmering. Remove from heat, remove and discard the cinnamon stick.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until pale. Pour the hot milk over the egg mixture and whisk to combine. Strain over the panettone, pushing the slices down until covered by custard. Place the dish in a large baking tray, pour boiling water into the tray to halfway up the sides. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and custard is just set. To serve, dust with icing sugar.
Nutritions of Panettone bread & butter puddingcalories: 1064.984 calories
calories: 64 grams fat
calories: 40 grams saturated fat
calories: 97 grams carbohydrates
calories: 48 grams sugar
calories: 20 grams protein
calories: 280 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 362.94 milligrams sodium