Serve this orange-infused bread and butter pudding warm out of the oven with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice-cream.
The ingredient of Orange marmalade, almond and sultana bread and butter pudding
- 100g butter, at room temperature
- 1 x Coles Bakery Stone Baked White Sourdough Vienna loaf, sliced
- 1/2 cup (170g) orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup (80g) sultanas
- 6 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup (20g) flaked almonds
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Orange marmalade, almond and sultana bread and butter pudding
- Lightly grease a 30cm x 20cm, 12-cup (3L) baking dish with butter. Spread both sides of the bread with butter. Spread one side with the marmalade. Arrange the bread, marmalade-side up, in the baking dish. Sprinkle with sultanas.
- Preheat oven to 180C Whisk the eggs, milk, cream, orange zest, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well combined. Strain the egg custard mixture into a jug. Pour over the bread. Press the bread down to submerge in the custard. Set aside for 20 mins to soak.
- Top the pudding with the almonds. Bake in the oven for 45 mins or until the custard is just set and the top is golden. Serve with ice-cream.
Nutritions of Orange marmalade, almond and sultana bread and butter puddingcalories: