Give bread pudding a fruity twist with seasonal rhubarb.
The ingredient of Rhubarb bread puddings
- 1 bunch rhubarb, leaves discarded, base trimmed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 8 x 1cm-thick slices baguette bread
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground nutmeg
The instruction how to make Rhubarb bread puddings
- Preheat oven to 180C. Wash rhubarb stalks. Cut into 3cm lengths. Place rhubarb, 1 tablespoon honey and 2 tablespoons cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Cover. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool. Remove 1/2 cup rhubarb. Place remaining rhubarb in a container. Cover and refrigerate for another use (see note).
- Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla and remaining honey in a bowl until well combined. Press 1 slice bread into each base of four 3/4-cup capacity ramekins. Spoon 2 tablespoons egg mixture over each slice. Top each with 1 tablespoon rhubarb mixture and 1 slice bread. Pour over remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place puddings in a roasting pan. Pour boiling water into pan until halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake puddings for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
Nutritions of Rhubarb bread puddingscalories: 190.483 calories
calories: 3.6 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 29.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8.9 grams protein
calories: 96 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 189 milligrams sodium