This bread pudding which uses raisin bread and orange offers a fruity twist on the traditional versions.
The ingredient of Fruity bread puddings
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 85g (1/2 cup) raisins
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 12 slices raisin bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 500mls (2 cups) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 oranges
The instruction how to make Fruity bread puddings
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Lightly grease 6 x 375mls (l l/2-cup) ovenproof dishes with the melted butter. Soak raisins in the boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain. Cut bread slices in half diagonally Place half the bread triangles into the greased dishes. Top with the raisins and sprinkle over 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Beat eggs, milk and vanilla in a jug and pour into dishes. Top with the remaining bread and sprinkle over remaining sugar. Stand for 20 minutes. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until just set and the tops are golden.
- Meanwhile, peel rind from 1 orange using a vegetable peeler. Remove white pith from rind and cut rind into strips. (Alternatively, use a zester.) Segment the orange. Combine orange rind and segments and serve with the puddings.
Nutritions of Fruity bread puddingscalories: 331.732 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 52 grams carbohydrates
calories: 33 grams sugar
calories: 12 grams protein
calories: 120 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 173.37 milligrams sodium