This easy chai-spiced bread and butter pudding makes the perfect dessert on a chilly winters evening.
The ingredient of Masala chai brioche pudding recipe
- 400g plaited brioche loaf
- 60g butter, softened
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup finely grated palm sugar (see notes)
- 6 green cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black tea leaves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 300ml thickened cream
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Pure cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Masala chai brioche pudding recipe
- Cut brioche diagonally into 1.5cm-thick slices. Spread one side of each slice of brioche with butter.
- Heat milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until just simmering. Remove from heat. Stir in palm sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, fennel and tea. Stand for 10 minutes. Strain milk mixture through a fine sieve into a large bowl. Discard solids. Stir in vanilla and thickened cream. Whisk in eggs.
- Layer brioche, buttered-side up, and sultanas in a greased 12-cup (3-litre) capacity oval baking dish. Pour milk mixture over brioche. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow milk mixture to be absorbed. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Bake pudding for 45 to 50 minutes or until custard is set and brioche is lightly browned. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve dusted with icing sugar and drizzled with pure cream.
Nutritions of Masala chai brioche pudding recipecalories: 697.641 calories
calories: 45.8 grams fat
calories: 25.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 58.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13.3 grams protein
calories: 225 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 384 milligrams sodium