Packed with nutrition and super economical, eggs are pretty special!
The ingredient of Savoury bread and butter puddings
- 10 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 50g butter, softened
- 150g sliced leg ham, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup pure cream
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 120g fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled
- Green onions, sliced, to serve
The instruction how to make Savoury bread and butter puddings
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C/170u00b0C fan-forced. Grease four 2 cup-capacity ovenproof dishes. Spread both sides of bread slices with butter. Cut each slice into 4 triangles. Layer slices, overlapping, in dishes. Top with ham, onion and peas.
- Whisk eggs, milk, cream and half the tasty cheese in a jug. Season with pepper. Pour half the mixture over bread. Soak for 1 hour. Top with remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle with ricotta and remaining tasty cheese.
- Place dishes in a larger baking dish. Pour boiling water into larger baking dish until halfway up sides of smaller dishes. Bake, covered with foil, for 15 minutes or until almost set. Remove foil. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove dishes from larger baking dish. Stand for 3 minutes. Serve sprinkled with extra onion.
Nutritions of Savoury bread and butter puddingscalories: 843.192 calories
calories: 54 grams fat
calories: 32 grams saturated fat
calories: 50 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams sugar
calories: 38 grams protein
calories: 373 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1192.87 milligrams sodium