For dinner with a difference, serve tender pulled beef on fluffy homemade steamed buns, then give it extra tang with a dollop of kimchi.
The ingredient of Pulled beef steamed buns with kimchi
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1.5kg piece beef chuck
- 4 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cups kimchi
- 1 cup coriander sprigs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup warm water
- 20g butter, at room temperature
The instruction how to make Pulled beef steamed buns with kimchi
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced.
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based ovenproof saucepan over medium-high Heat. Cook beef for 10-12 minutes or until well browned all over. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook eshalot, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add soy, sugar and 1 cup water. Return beef to pan and turn to coat. Bring to the boil. Cover and cook, in oven for 2 hours or until very tender.
- Meanwhile, make dough. Place flour, sugar, yeast and baking powder in bowl of an electric beater fitted with a dough hook. Knead to combine. Add water and butter and knead on medium speed for 3-4 minutes or until a smooth dough. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Stand in a warm, draught-free place for 1 hour or until tripled in size.
- Cut thirty two 12cm square pieces of baking paper.
- Punch dough back with fist. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Cover dough with plastic wrap when not working with it. Divide dough into 2 batches. Roll each batch into a log. Cut each log into 8 pieces (keep dough covered with plastic wrap). Working 1 at a time, shape a piece of dough into a ball. Roll into a 14cm x 10cm oval. Fold in half, placing a square of baking paper in the centre to avoid the dough sticking. Place on another square of baking paper. Set aside covered with plastic wrap and repeat with remaining dough and paper.
- Transfer beef to a board. Shred meat using 2 forks.
- Meanwhile, bring cooking liquid to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in fish sauce and return beef to pan. Toss to coat. Cook over medium heat, stirring, or until sauce thickens.
- Steam dough in batches over a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes or until white and puffed (donu2019t overcrowd dough in steamer).
- To serve, discard baking paper and fill steamed bread with kimchi, pulled beef and coriander. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Pulled beef steamed buns with kimchicalories: 610.406 calories
calories: 15.8 grams fat
calories: 6.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 48.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8.8 grams sugar
calories: 62.6 grams protein
calories: 174 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1074 milligrams sodium