Youre in for a treat with this Korean beef steak dish with chilli and kimchi.
The ingredient of Korean barbecued chilli beef and quick kimchi
- 750ml (3 cups) boiling water
- 40g (1/3 cup) sea salt
- 1 baby wombok (Chinese cabbage), quartered crossways, leaves separated
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lightly dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean red chilli paste)
- 650g beef eye fillet
- 55g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel beef stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 green shallot, thinly sliced diagonally
The instruction how to make Korean barbecued chilli beef and quick kimchi
- Combine the water and salt in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the wombok and stir until well combined. Set aside, stirring every 5 minutes, for 30 minutes or until the wombok softens slightly. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Combine the caster sugar, garlic, fish sauce and chilli flakes in a large bowl. Add the wombok and stir until coated.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on high. Spread gochujang over the beef to coat. Barbecue for 7 minutes each side for rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice the beef.
- Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar, beef stock and soy sauce in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until reduced and thickened slightly.
- Sprinkle the beef with shallot and serve with the kimchi and sauce.
Nutritions of Korean barbecued chilli beef and quick kimchicalories: