A must at any Korean meal, this chilli-spiked Chinese cabbage condiment is wonderfully addictive.
The ingredient of Kimchi
- 1/2 (about 800g) wombok (Chinese cabbage), trimmed, cut into large pieces
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 60g (1/4 cup) rock salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large slices fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
The instruction how to make Kimchi
- Rinse wombok under cold water. Drain. Combine the water and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the wombok. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 4 hours to soak. Drain, reserving liquid. Place wombok in a bowl.
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli and vinegar to the wombok. Stir to combine. Transfer to a 750ml (3-cup) capacity sealable glass jar. Pour over reserved liquid to cover. Set aside for 2-3 days to develop the flavours. Drain before serving.
Nutritions of Kimchicalories: 14.34 calories
calories: 1.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1.5 grams protein