Packed with bacon, snow peas and ginger, this Korean fried rice is sure to give your main meal some spice.
The ingredient of Korean fried rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 100g shortcut bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 x 250g packets microwave white rice, microwaved for 40 seconds
- 90g (1/3 cup) kimchi
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 80g (1/2 cup) frozen peas
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced diagonally
The instruction how to make Korean fried rice
- Combine the soy sauce, gochujang, 3 teaspoons sesame oil and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside. Whisk the eggs and remaining sesame oil in a separate bowl. Season.
- Heat 2 teaspoons peanut oil in a wok over high. Add egg mixture. Scramble until just cooked. Transfer to a plate. Wipe wok clean.
- Heat the remaining peanut oil over high heat. Stir-fry bacon for 2 minutes or until golden and crisp. Add onion and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until softened. Stir in the ginger and garlic for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add rice, kimchi, carrot, peas and snow peas. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until the vegetables are tender crisp. Add soy sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until well combined and rice is hot.
- Remove from heat and stir in egg. Sprinkle with shallots.
Nutritions of Korean fried ricecalories: 613.513 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 64 grams carbohydrates
calories: 30 grams protein