Create Japanese at home! Use canned salmon, avocado, carrots and cucumber to create these tasty sushi rolls.
The ingredient of Salmon sushi rolls
- 1 cup sushi rice, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 nori sheets (dried, roasted seaweed)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced lengthways
- 105g can red salmon, drained, flaked
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 small carrot, grated
- soy sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Salmon sushi rolls
- Place rice and 1 1/2 cups cold water in a saucepan over high heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Place rice and vinegar in a bowl. Stir to combine. Allow to cool completely, stirring regularly to prevent rice becoming gluggy.
- Place 1 nori sheet, shiny-side down, on a sushi mat. Using moist hands, spread one-quarter of the rice mixture over the nori sheet, leaving a 3cm-wide border around the edges. Place one-quarter of the avocado along the edge facing you. Top with onequarter each of the salmon, cucumber and carrot. Using the sushi mat, roll up firmly to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining nori, rice mixture, salmon and vegetables.
- Slice each roll into 4 pieces. Wrap in plastic wrap.
Nutritions of Salmon sushi rollscalories: 281.064 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 41 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 15 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 95.98 milligrams sodium