Take the fuss out of Friday night with this great-value Thai meal. Weve twisted this dish to slash the fat by boiling the eggs instead of deep-frying.
The ingredient of Son-in-law eggs with sticky rice
- 215g (1 cup) SunRice Japanese Style Sushi Rice
- 2 tablespoons sushi seasoning
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind puree
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 spring onions (shallots), thinly sliced
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- Steamed Asian greens, to serve
The instruction how to make Son-in-law eggs with sticky rice
- Cook rice following packet directions. Transfer to a glass bowl. Stir in the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 3 minutes. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Stir palm sugar, fish sauce, tamarind puree and water in a saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil. Simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in lime juice.
- Divide rice among serving bowls. Carefully peel eggs and halve. Divide among bowls. Drizzle over sauce. Top with coriander, spring onion and chilli. Serve with steamed Asian greens.
Nutritions of Son-in-law eggs with sticky ricecalories: 412.036 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 67 grams carbohydrates
calories: 23 grams sugar
calories: 16 grams protein
calories: 326 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1998.35 milligrams sodium