Get the kids schooled in the great taste of fish.
The ingredient of Sushi sandwich bites
- 8 slices wholemeal bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine spread
- 1/2 small avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 iceberg lettuce leaf, finely shredded
- 1/2 small red capsicum, finely sliced
- 180g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1/2 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 125g can creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
The instruction how to make Sushi sandwich bites
- Make tuna and celery filling Combine tuna, celery and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Make chicken and corn filling Combine chicken, corn and chives in a bowl.
- Place bread on a flat surface. Using a rolling pin, flatten bread slightly. Lightly spread margarine over 1 side of each bread slice. Spread tuna filling over 4 slices, leaving a 2cm strip along top edge. Top with avocado. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Spread chicken filling over remaining 4 slices, leaving a 2cm strip along opposite edge. Top with lettuce and capsicum. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Wrap sandwiches tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until required. Serve.
Nutritions of Sushi sandwich bitescalories: