Create the taste of Japan with this easy tuna and green bean sushi recipe.
The ingredient of Tuna & green bean sushi
- 215g (1 cup) sushi rice
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) cold water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 x 185g can tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons good-quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi paste (optional)
- 4 nori sheets
- 100g green beans, topped, steamed
- Soy sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Tuna & green bean sushi
- Combine rice and water in a saucepan. Cover. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to very low. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Transfer the rice to a bowl. Place the vinegar, sugar and salt in a bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add to the rice and stir to combine. Set aside, stirring occasionally, to cool completely.
- Combine the tuna, mayonnaise and wasabi, if desired, in a bowl.
- Place 1 nori sheet, shiny-side down, on a clean work surface, with 1 long side facing you. Use wet hands to spread one-quarter of rice mixture over the bottom two-thirds of nori sheet, leaving a border around edge. Spread 2 tablespoons of tuna mixture along centre of rice. Top with one-quarter of beans. Roll up to enclose. Repeat with remaining nori, rice mixture, tuna mixture and beans.
- Wrap each roll in plastic wrap. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to chill. Cut each roll in half. Serve with soy sauce for dipping.
Nutritions of Tuna & green bean sushicalories: 162.998 calories
calories: 4 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 25 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 8 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 398.62 milligrams sodium