Try something different with your next chicken stir-fry and give it a Japanese twist.
The ingredient of Chicken stir-fry on Japanese rice pancakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 750g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1/2 cup Japanese yakitori sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Barbecue sauce, to serve
- Mayonnaise, to serve
- 1 cup SunRice Japanese Style Sushi Rice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
The instruction how to make Chicken stir-fry on Japanese rice pancakes
- Make Japanese rice pancakes: Cook rice following packet directions. Cool. Stir in egg, tamari, green onion and flour. Shape mixture into four 2cm-thick (11cm diameter) pancakes. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pancakes, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until browned and heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok over high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry chicken, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Add brown onion and ginger. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Return chicken to wok with sauce. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is hot and chicken is cooked through. Stir in green onion.
- Serve chicken with rice pancakes, barbecue sauce and mayonnaise.
Nutritions of Chicken stir-fry on Japanese rice pancakescalories: 609.928 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 47 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 50 grams protein
calories: 165 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2599.83 milligrams sodium