Combine simple sugar and salt pickles with silky tuna sashimi to create this quick dish sensation.
The ingredient of Tuna tartare with pickled cucumber
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sushi vinegar (see note)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste (see note)
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds (see note)
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 4 wonton wrappers (see note)
- Sunflower oil, to deep fry
- 250g sashimi-grade tuna (see note), cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 radish, cut into 1cm pieces
- Micro herbs (see note) or coriander, to garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
The instruction how to make Tuna tartare with pickled cucumber
- Combine cucumber, vinegar, ginger, sugar, wasabi and 1 teaspoon salt and toss to combine. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 tablespoon each of black and white sesame seeds on a plate. Lightly brush one side of each wonton wrapper with water, then press into seeds to coat.
- Half-fill a large pan or wok with oil and heat to 180u00b0C (a cube of bread will turn golden in 30 seconds). Carefully lower each wonton wrapper, seed-side down, into the oil and cook for 15 seconds until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towel and set aside. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers.
- Toast remaining seeds in a dry frypan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Cool.
- Drain excess liquid from the cucumbers, reserving 1/4 cup (60ml). Toss cucumber with tuna, radish and reserved liquid.
- Place 8cm ring mould on a plate and fill with a quarter of the tuna mixture, gently pressing down. Remove mould and repeat.
- Break wontons into shards and arrange on top of tuna. Scatter with herbs and toasted seeds. Drizzle with oil and serve.
Nutritions of Tuna tartare with pickled cucumbercalories: