Celebrate Chinese New Year with these delicious dishes, promoting health, prosperity and luck for the year ahead. Spring rolls and dumplings are popular choices because of their resemblance to gold bars and bouillon, symbolising wealth.
The ingredient of Prawn and ginger dumplings
- 250g peeled green prawns
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 30 gow gee wrappers
- Soy sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Prawn and ginger dumplings
- Place prawns in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in ginger, onion, soy, oyster sauce and oil.
- Place 1 gow gee wrapper on a flat surface. Spoon 2 teaspoons of prawn mixture into centre of wrapper. Brush edges with cold water. Press edges together to seal, then pleat. Place on a baking paper-lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining wrappers and prawn mixture, placing dumplings in a single layer on tray.
- Line a large bamboo steamer with baking paper. Place over a wok of simmering water. Place 1/3 of the dumplings in steamer (make sure theyre not touching). Cover. Steam for 5 minutes or until wrappers are translucent and prawn mixture is cooked through. Transfer to a large plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining dumplings in 2 batches. Serve with soy.
Nutritions of Prawn and ginger dumplingscalories: 34.177 calories
calories: 0.2 grams fat
calories: 0.05 grams saturated fat
calories: 5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2.9 grams protein
calories: 13 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 260 milligrams sodium