This aromatic goulash is filled with herbs and spice and all things nice!
The ingredient of Beef goulash with chive dumplings
- 25g butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5kg diced beef
- 2 brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1L (4 cups) Massel beef stock
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Pinch of salt
- 75g chilled butter, cubed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) cold water
The instruction how to make Beef goulash with chive dumplings
- Melt the butter and oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over high heat. Add one-third of the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until brown all over. Use a slotted spoon to transfer beef to a heatproof bowl. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining beef, reheating pan between batches.
- Add the onion, capsicum and garlic to the casserole dish and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until onion softens. Add the marjoram, paprika, caraway seeds and lemon rind, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the beef, stock, water and tomato paste and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, to make the dumplings, sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the chives and season with salt. Use your fingertips to rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre and pour in the water. Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until evenly incorporated. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball. Arrange the dumplings over the top of the beef mixture. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the beef goulash and chive dumplings among serving plates. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Beef goulash with chive dumplingscalories: