Kick off a Chinese banquet in style with these impressive Asian steamed dumplings.
The ingredient of Steamed spinach and mushroom dumplings
- 3 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 170g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 16 gow gee wrappers
- Soy sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Steamed spinach and mushroom dumplings
- Place mushrooms in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 minutes or until soft. Drain. Remove and discard stalks. Finely chop.
- Place spinach in a microwave-safe dish. Cover. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted. Place in a sieve. Using the back of a large spoon, press spinach to drain excess liquid. Transfer to a chopping board. Roughly chop.
- Combine mushroom, spinach, water chestnuts, oyster sauce, sesame oil and garlic in a bowl. Place 1 wrapper on flat surface. Spoon 2 teaspoons mushroom mixture on 1 half of wrapper. Brush edges with cold water. Fold over to enclose filling. Press edges together and pleat to seal. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with remaining wrappers and mushroom mixture.
- Place a large bamboo steamer lined with baking paper over a large saucepan or wok of simmering water (make sure it doesnu2019t touch water). Using a metal skewer, pierce holes in baking paper. Steam dumplings, in batches, for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with soy sauce.
Nutritions of Steamed spinach and mushroom dumplingscalories: 36.328 calories
calories: 0.5 grams fat
calories: 0.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 5.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1.6 grams protein
calories: 1 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 358 milligrams sodium