*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Lamb stew with rosemary dumplings
- 8 lamb neck chops
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 20g butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/3 cup milk
The instruction how to make Lamb stew with rosemary dumplings
- Toss meat in flour, salt and pepper and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large heavy based pan and cook meat in batches over medium-high heat until well browned. Remove from pan.
- Add bacon to pan and cook until brown. Add onion and cook until soft. Return meat to pan and add stock, water and thyme. Simmer covered over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes and simmer for another 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dumplings: Sift flour into bowl and rub in butter using fingertips until mixture is fine and crumbly. Stir in rosemary. Add almost all the milk and mix to a soft dough with a knife, adding more milk if necessary.
- Turn on to a lightly floured surface and knead gently for 1 minute or until smooth. Divide into 8 portions and form into rough balls.
- Place into pan on top of hot meat, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Lamb stew with rosemary dumplingscalories: