This lamb casserole is a rich hearty meal. Cheesy feather-light dumplings just make it even better.
The ingredient of Lamb with cheesy oat dumplings
- 8 lamb chump chops
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2cups (375ml) Massel beef stock
- 500g new potatoes, halved
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 6 small onions, peeled
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 60g butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup (60g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (60g) grated cheese
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
The instruction how to make Lamb with cheesy oat dumplings
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Dust lamb with flour. Heat oil in a large flame and ovenproof pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb in batches, cook until well browned. Remove and drain off excess oil.
- Add stock over high heat. Use a wooden spoon to scrape base of pan. Stir in vegetables and tomatoes. Return lamb to pan, stir well, cover and bake for 1 hour until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Rub in butter until like breadcrumbs. Stir in oats, cheese, then milk and mix to form a dough. Knead until smooth. Roll out and cut out 12 rounds with a 5cm cutter.
- Increase oven to 220u00b0C. Arrange dumplings on top of casserole. Return to oven, cook uncovered for 15 minutes until puffed and golden.
Nutritions of Lamb with cheesy oat dumplingscalories: