Boiled dumplings, wontons or pot stickers are a wonderful Chinese delicacy - best enjoyed when shared by the plateful with others.
The ingredient of Dumplings in chilli oil
- 250g pork mince
- 2cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 16 square wonton wrappers (see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon chilli oil (see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
The instruction how to make Dumplings in chilli oil
- Combine the pork, grated ginger, egg and oyster sauce in a bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Lay a wonton wrapper on a clean cloth. Place a teaspoon of filling in the centre of the wonton wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrapper with a finger dipped in water and fold over to form a triangle. Press to seal the edges together, then bring the 2 corners of the long side together and press to make a snug parcel. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers and filling until you have 16 dumplings.
- Cook the dumplings, in 2 batches, in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until they float to the top and are cooked (test one to make sure). Drain the dumplings and divide among serving plates.
- Combine chilli oil, soy and sugar, and drizzle over dumplings. Serve with hot and sour soup.
Nutritions of Dumplings in chilli oilcalories: