Golden syrup dumplings are easy to make and perfect for a cold winters day.
The ingredient of Nicolas golden syrup dumplings
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) self-raising flour
- 30g butter, chilled, chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 80ml (1/3 cup) golden syrup
- Ice-cream or double cream, to serve
- 500ml (2 cups) boiling water
- 185ml (3/4 cup) golden syrup
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 40g butter
The instruction how to make Nicolas golden syrup dumplings
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Use your fingertips to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the milk and golden syrup and use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined. Roll the mixture into 18 balls.
- To make the sauce, combine the water, golden syrup, sugar and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Add the dumplings to the sauce. Cover. Cook for 20 minutes or until the dumplings are light and fluffy. Use a slotted spoon to divide the dumplings among serving bowls. Spoon the sauce over the dumplings and serve with ice-cream or cream.
Nutritions of Nicolas golden syrup dumplingscalories: 460.075 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 86 grams carbohydrates
calories: 63 grams sugar
calories: 4 grams protein
calories: 28 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 380.08 milligrams sodium