Golden, cheesy dumplings crown this delicious chicken casserole.
The ingredient of Chicken casserole with parmesan dumplings
- 3 Coles Brand Chicken Maryland
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Campbells Real Stock Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 40g butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1/2 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 1/2 cup milk
The instruction how to make Chicken casserole with parmesan dumplings
- Preheat oven to 180C (or 160C fan-forced). Using your hands, bend chicken marylands firmly backwards at the joint to break. Cut through joint to separate thigh from drumstick. Trim off excess fat. Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook chicken pieces in batches over medium-high heat for about 5 mins, until golden brown. Transfer to a 12-cup capacity ovenproof casserole dish.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onion, celery and carrot for about 10 mins, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly golden. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for about 30 secs. Add tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Pour over chicken. Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 1 hr.
- When casserole is nearly ready, make the dumplings. Place flour into a bowl and rub in butter until evenly combined. Stir in thyme and parmesan. Make a well in the centre and pour in milk. Use a knife to mix together until evenly moistened. Gather the dough together with your hands and divide into 12 equal portions.
- Uncover casserole dish and place dumplings on top of chicken. Cook, uncovered, for 20 mins, until dumplings are risen and golden brown.
Nutritions of Chicken casserole with parmesan dumplingscalories: