These irresistible pork and spinach dumplings require half an hour in the fridge during preparation - but they are well worth the wait!
The ingredient of Pork and spinach dumplings
- 250g lean pork mince
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 30g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 28 fresh wonton wrappers (see note)
- 100g baby Asian salad greens, to serve
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork and spinach dumplings
- Combine pork, green onion, water chestnut, soy sauce and spinach in a bowl. Season with pepper. Using clean hands, mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix cornflour and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl to form a smooth paste. Place 1 heaped teaspoon pork mixture in the centre of 1 wonton wrapper. Brush edges of wrapper lightly with cornflour mixture. Fold over 1 edge of wrapper to form a triangle. Twist the edges to seal and enclose filling. Repeat using remaining pork mixture, cornflour mixture and wonton wrappers.
- Line base of a large steamer basket with baking paper. Place wontons in a single layer in basket. Steam, covered, over boiling water for 5 minutes or until wrappers are tender. Place on serving plates. Serve with baby Asian salad greens and extra soy sauce for dipping.
Nutritions of Pork and spinach dumplingscalories: 275.567 calories
calories: 5.4 grams fat
calories: 1.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 34.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 19.8 grams protein
calories: 43 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1125 milligrams sodium