These delicious little prawn-filled dumplings are fried to golden and crispy on the one side and remain juicy and tender on the other side.
The ingredient of Prawn and ginger potsticker dumplings
- 2 x 4cm pieces ginger, peeled
- 175g Chinese cabbage (wong bok), finely shredded
- 600g green prawns, peeled, deveined, minced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 275g packet gow gee pastries (wrappers)
- 180ml (3/4 cup) Chinese red vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Shaoxing cooking wine
- 60ml water (mix with Shaoxing wine)
The instruction how to make Prawn and ginger potsticker dumplings
- Finely grate 1 piece of ginger (you will need 1 1/2 teaspoons), then finely shred second piece. Toss cabbage and 1 teaspoon sea salt in a bowl, leave for 30 minutes, then squeeze handfuls tightly to remove excess water. Combine cabbage, grated ginger, prawns, onions, sauces and sesame oil.
- Lightly wet the edges of a wrapper with water, place 2 level teaspoons of filling in the centre and fold wrapper in half. Press edges together to seal, then pleat and place in a single layer on a plastic wrap-lined tray. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Dumplings can be made up to 4 hours ahead and refrigerated.
- For dipping sauce, combine vinegar, caster sugar and shredded ginger, then set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the dumplings, pleated-side up, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until brown underneath. Remove and set aside on a tray. Repeat with remaining oil and dumplings, then return first batch to pan. Carefully add wine mixture, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until liquid evaporates and dumpling bases are crisp. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Nutritions of Prawn and ginger potsticker dumplingscalories: 423.03 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 44 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 30 grams protein
calories: 1162.69 milligrams sodium