This Hungarian veal goulash with dumplings is the perfect meal for a dinner party or to warm up the family in winter.
The ingredient of Hungarian veal goulash with dumplings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg diced veal
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup milk
- 60g butter, melted and cooled
The instruction how to make Hungarian veal goulash with dumplings
- Heat oil in a heavy-based flameproof casserole dish over high heat. Cook veal, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper to dish. Cook for 2 minutes. Add stock, tomato paste and vinegar. Stir until well-combined. Bring to the boil.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Return veal to dish. Cover and place in oven for 1 hour.
- To make dumplings: Sift flours into a bowl. Stir in parsley. Make a well in the centre and pour in milk and butter. Stir to form a soft dough. Roll into 12 rounds. After 1 hour, remove casserole from oven. Place dough over meat. Cover and cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Hungarian veal goulash with dumplingscalories: 793.719 calories
calories: 31 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 58 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 67 grams protein
calories: 60 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1096.52 milligrams sodium