Warm up with this hearty casserole - a Taste.com.au member favourite!
The ingredient of Beef casserole with parmesan dumpling
- 1kg gravy beef, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 bacon rashes, chopped
- 500g button mushrooms, halved
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel beef stock
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 bay leaves
- 50g butter
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (45g) parmesan
- 3/4 cup (185ml) milk
The instruction how to make Beef casserole with parmesan dumpling
- Brown 1kg gravy beef, cut into 2cm chunks, in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Transfer to plate. Add 1 onion, chopped, 6 bacon rashes, chopped, 500g button mushrooms, halved, and 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled and cook until soft. Stir in 2 tablespoons plain flour.
- Add 2 cups (500ml) beef stock, 1 cup (250ml) red wine, 2 fresh thyme sprigs and 3 bay leaves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, add beef and simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours. Spoon into a 2 litre (8 cup) ovenproof dish.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Rub 50g butter into 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour. Stir in 1/2 cup (45g) parmesan and 3/4 cup (185ml) milk. Bring together. Roll into 20 balls. Place on beef. Bake for 20 minutes.
Nutritions of Beef casserole with parmesan dumplingcalories: 1131.904 calories
calories: 52 grams fat
calories: 22 grams saturated fat
calories: 65 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 90 grams protein
calories: 259 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2294.49 milligrams sodium