Homemade herb dumplings make this beef casserole extra special.
The ingredient of Autumn beef casserole with herb dumplings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 800g Coles Australian Beef Chuck Steak, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 swede, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 Carisma potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 800g can Coles Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 60g cold butter, chopped
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
The instruction how to make Autumn beef casserole with herb dumplings
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, in batches, for 5 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over high heat. Add the carrot, swede and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until softened. Add the garlic and potato and cook for 1 min. Add the tomato and stock. Season. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Return the beef to the pan. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1u00bc hours. Uncover and simmer for a further 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the herb dumplings, preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place the flour in a bowl. Use your fingers to rub the butter into flour. Stir in the parsley and basil. Season. Make a well in the centre. Add enough milk to the centre to form a soft sticky dough. Stir well to combine. Roll the mixture into 12 even-sized balls.
- Arrange the herb dumplings over the top of the beef mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake, uncovered, for 20 mins or until dumplings double in size and are cooked through. Serve.
Nutritions of Autumn beef casserole with herb dumplingscalories: