Theres no need to rush to the local Chinese takeaway joint for your next dumpling fix – this wonton soup is the business!
The ingredient of Pork and sweet corn wonton soup
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing cooking wine
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet corn cob, kernels removed
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 300g pork mince
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 green shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 250g pkt wonton wrappers
The instruction how to make Pork and sweet corn wonton soup
- For wontons, line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine mince, coriander, hoisin, shallot, ginger and soy in a bowl. Place a wonton wrapper on a work surface. Place a heaped teaspoonful of pork mixture on centre of wrapper. Use a pastry brush dipped in water to brush the edges. Fold wrapper diagonally to enclose filling. Brush 1 corner with water. Fold under filling to meet second corner. Press to join. Place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Meanwhile, bring stock, water, soy sauce, wine, ginger and chilli to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add wontons and corn. Cook for 6 minutes or until wontons are cooked through. Stir in white part of shallot and sesame oil.
- Ladle soup and wontons among serving bowls. Top with coriander and green part of shallot.
Nutritions of Pork and sweet corn wonton soupcalories: 252.384 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 45 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25 grams protein