Agnolotti is a crescent-shaped filled pasta similar to ravioli. This cheats version uses gow gee wrappers, a type of Chinese dumpling pastry, which is like fresh pasta.
The ingredient of Prawn agnolotti with radicchio
- 600g green king prawns (see note) peeled, cleaned
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped thyme
- 80ml (1/3 cup) pouring cream
- 275g packet gow gee pastry wrappers
- 60g butter, chopped
- 2 radicchio, trimmed, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 60ml (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Purple or regular basil, to serve
The instruction how to make Prawn agnolotti with radicchio
- Process prawns in a food processor until roughly chopped. Add 1 teaspoon thyme and cream, season with salt and pepper, and process until just combined.
- To make agnolotti, place 20 gow gee wrappers on a work surface and top each with 3/4 tablespoon prawn mixture. Dip your finger in a small cup of water, then run it around the edge of a wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half and press the edges together firmly to seal. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Melt half the butter over medium heat, add radicchio and cook for 1 minute or until starting to wilt. Add vinegar and stock, and simmer for a further 3 minutes or until liquid is slightly syrupy. Add the remaining butter and stir until just melted.
- Meanwhile, cook agnolotti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until heated through. Drain. Divide among bowls, then spoon radicchio mixture over, along with any liquid from the pan. Serve scattered with remaining 1 teaspoon thyme and basil.
Nutritions of Prawn agnolotti with radicchiocalories: 459.597 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 39 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 28 grams protein
calories: 709.71 milligrams sodium