It is traditional to eat particular foods over the Chinese New Year festival. Make these juicy and flavoursome dumplings a part of your celebration banquet.
The ingredient of Pot sticker dumplings
- 2 x 4cm pieces ginger, peeled
- 250g Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 350g minced pork
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine* or dry sherry
- Cornflour, for dusting
- 2 x 275g pkts gow gee pastries (wrappers)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) peanut oil
- Chinese red rice vinegar**
The instruction how to make Pot sticker dumplings
- Finely grate 1 piece of ginger, then finely shred second piece. Place cabbage in a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt then leave for 30 minutes. Squeeze handfuls of cabbage to remove excess water then place in a bowl. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger, minced pork, onions, sauces, sesame oil and wine and combine well.
- Line a large tray with baking paper then dust with cornflour. Using a finger, wet edge of a wrapper with a little water. Place 2 level teaspoons of filling in centre. Fold wrapper in half and, using your thumb and index finger, pleat one edge, then press edges together to seal. Place, in a single layer, on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Dumplings can be made up to 6 hours in advance; store covered in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 12 dumplings, pleated side-up in a single layer, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until brown underneath. Carefully add 1/2 cup boiling water, then cover partially with a lid and cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until water has evaporated and dumplings are crisp underneath. Transfer to an oven tray, cover with foil and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining oil and dumplings. Serve with bowls of red vinegar combined with shredded ginger, for dipping.
Nutritions of Pot sticker dumplingscalories: