Soba noodles tossed with crunchy green prawns and spicy dressing make a speedy meal.
The ingredient of Crumbed prawns with spicy soba noodles
- 270g soba noodles
- 1 teaspoon instant dashi*
- 1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake*
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 eggwhite
- 16 medium green prawns, shelled, deveined, tails intact
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs* or regular breadcrumbs if unavailable
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- Spring onions, sliced on the diagonal, to garnish
- Sliced nori sheets, to serve*
The instruction how to make Crumbed prawns with spicy soba noodles
- Cook soba noodles according to packet instructions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Place dashi, soy, sake and sugar in a pan with 1 litre water, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Beat eggwhite until frothy. Dip prawns in egg, then coat in crumbs.
- Half-fill a saucepan or deep-fryer with oil, and place over high heat. When hot, add prawns and cook (in batches, if necessary) for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Divide noodles between 4 bowls, cover with dashi mixture and top with prawns.
- Garnish with spring onions. Serve the nori on the side.
Nutritions of Crumbed prawns with spicy soba noodlescalories: