For a bread-free breakfast, this fun and tasty bacon & egg recipe is a winner! Swapping toast for noodle cakes is sure to entice even the fussiest breakfast-eaters.
The ingredient of Noodle cakes with bacon and egg
- 3 x 85g packets chicken flavour 2-minute noodles
- 1/4 Chinese cabbage (wombok), finely shredded (see note)
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 6 eggs
- vegetable oil, for pan-frying
- 175g short-cut bacon rashers
The instruction how to make Noodle cakes with bacon and egg
- Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, carrot, green onions and flour to noodles. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Beat 2 eggs together. Stir into noodle mixture.
- Pour oil into a large, non-stick frying pan until 1cm deep. Heat over medium heat. Using a heaped 1/3 cup of mixture per noodle cake, drop 2 noodle cakes into hot oil. Gently flatten with a spatula. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel. Repeat in 3 batches with remaining mixture, adding more oil if necessary.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high heat. Place bacon on grill tray lined with foil. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until crisp. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Crack eggs, 1 at a time, into pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on 1 side or until just set.
- Place 2 noodle cakes on each serving plate. Top with egg and bacon. Serve.
Nutritions of Noodle cakes with bacon and eggcalories: