Weeknight dinners are on the table in just 15 minutes with this easy Japanese chicken mince and udon noodle stir-fry.
The ingredient of 15-minute Japanese chicken noodle stir-fry
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3cm-piece ginger, peeled
- 3 green shallots, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500g chicken mince
- 440g pkt wok-ready udon noodles
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light soy sauce
- 60ml (1/4 cup) mirin
- 2 tablespoons Masterfoods Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/4 small green cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- White sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Black sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Sesame oil, to drizzle
The instruction how to make 15-minute Japanese chicken noodle stir-fry
- Finely chop the garlic, ginger and the white part of the shallots. Reserve the green part of the shallots. Heat a wok over high heat. Add the peanut oil and swirl to coat. Stir-fry the garlic, ginger and chopped shallot for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the chicken mince and cook, breaking up any lumps and tossing occasionally, for 7 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Combine the soy sauce, mirin, tomato sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Thinly slice the green part of the shallot on the diagonal.
- Add the cabbage and carrot to the wok. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until the cabbage is slightly wilted. Drain the noodles and add to the wok along with the soy sauce mixture. Use tongs to toss until combined.
- Divide the noodle mixture among serving bowls. Sprinkle with the sliced shallot and white and black sesame seeds. Drizzle with sesame oil.
Nutritions of 15-minute Japanese chicken noodle stir-frycalories: