Weve taken classic pad Thai and given it a healthier spin, packed with chicken breast, carrot noodles and loads of veg. It’s gluten free and low in calories and fat, too.
The ingredient of Healthier chicken and carrot-noodle pad thai recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sriracha chilli sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 650g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 6 green shallots, cut into 4cm batons
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 4 (about 720g) carrots, peeled, peeled into ribbons
- 80g (1 cup) trimmed bean sprouts
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons toasted cashews, chopped, to serve
- Lime cheeks, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthier chicken and carrot-noodle pad thai recipe
- Whisk together the coconut sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, sriracha and garlic in a small bowl until combined.
- Heat half the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes or until browned. Add 2 tbs sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until coated and just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe the wok clean with paper towel.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Add the shallot, sugar snap peas and chilli. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until tender crisp. Add carrot ribbons, remaining sauce mixture and 1 tbs water. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until just tender and well combined. Add chicken. Toss to combine. Remove from heat.
- Divide the pad thai among serving bowls. Sprinkle with bean sprouts, coriander and cashews. Serve with lime cheeks.
Nutritions of Healthier chicken and carrot-noodle pad thai recipecalories: 351.569 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 5.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 18.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 41.3 grams protein